Yale University Scholarships for International Students
This university is one of the most prestigious universities in America and is part Ivy League schools. Ivy League schools have a reputation for academic excellence and prestige. Many high school students dream of studying at Ivy League universities. This is because they are almost certain to achieve professional success.
Yale University is America’s third oldest university. It was founded in New Haven, Connecticut in 1701. It was initially established to train clergymen, but it soon became a university that offers many other courses. Yale has produced many famous students, including Nobel Laureates and Supreme Court Justices.
Because of its academic excellence, this university is among the best universities around the world. Because of its academic excellence and prestige, this university is ranked 15th by world’s top Universities.
Yale University offers a variety of scholarships that are financial aid. Financial aid was awarded to 63% of undergraduates, international and domestic. Students must apply for graduate scholarships to the department they choose, as funding policies vary from one department to another. Graduate funding is determined not by the university but by individual departments.
Doctoral students. Fully funded scholarships are common for PhD students. Each student receives at least one scholarship that covers tuition, hospitalization fellowship, as well as an annual stipend.
Degree Level: Master’s, Undergraduate, and PhD
Institution(s): Yale University
Study in: the USA
Opportunities Focus Areas:
- Click here to see the complete list of undergraduate majors.
- Click here to see the complete list of graduate majors.
- Program Period: The Program Period varies depending on the Program chosen. It can range from 2 to 5 academic years.
- Yale University scholarships are awarded to 100% of the family’s financial need.
- To determine the amount of your scholarship, they take into consideration your parents’ income, assets, finances, and other factors.
- Yale Scholarships can range from a few hundred to more than $70,000 per annum; the average Yale need-based scholarship exceeds $50,000
- Students whose parents earn less that 65,000$ per year are exempt from paying anything. Yale University scholarships cover tuition, room and board for students whose parents earn less than 65,000$ per year.
Yale University Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
These criteria must be met in order to be eligible for Yale University Scholarships:
- English is the required language
- Scores on the TOEFL are at minimum the following:
- 100 for the online-based TOEFL
- 600 for the paper-based TOEFL
- 250 for the computer-based TOEFL
- Scores of 7 or more on IELTS and scores of 70 on Pearson Test are acceptable.
- You can find more information here.
- All Countries are eligible
- Participation in or eligibility for the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program is possible if you are enrolled.
- You are eligible or have already received a waiver of the SAT or ACT testing fees.
- You are enrolled in federal, state, and/or local programs that assist students from low-income families (e.g. TRIO programs like Upward Bound).
- You can be a ward or orphan.
- The USDA Food and Nutrition Service has established income eligibility guidelines for your family.
- You are either a resident of federally subsidized public housing or a foster family, or homeless.
- Public assistance is available to your family.
- A supporting statement can be provided by a school official or college access counselor, financial officer, community leader, or financial aid officer.
Scholarships Application Process
Visit the official website to learn more about Yale University Scholarships