Stanford University Scholarships for International Students
Knight Hennesy Scholars has one of the most prestigious scholarship programs in the country. Knight-Hennessy Scholars are the best way to attract future leaders from all disciplines and geographic areas to Stanford University. You will be able to engage in multidisciplinary education and leadership development while gaining a global perspective. The QS World Universities Ranking 2019 is #2 for Stanford University. Stanford University offers 100 fully funded scholarships for international students to study Masters, Ph.D. and MBA degrees.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars are open to citizens from all countries. This is natural as Knight-Hennessy Scholars are expected to have a global impact. Knight-Hennessy Scholars’ admission process is intended to help you get to know yourself, enable us to understand you and empower you to make the best case for admission. All this while making the admission process a positive experience. As we aim to admit the best students from all parts of the globe, we expect about one-third to be U.S. citizens over the course of the year.
Stanford University was established in 1885. It’s a place of learning, discovery and innovation, expression and discourse. Over the past 125+ years Stanford has made significant changes in the world, often leading with new ideas or discoveries. Stanford University is a top university in the world. The Knight-Hennessy Scholarship program in the United States attracts talent. They provide a forum for purposeful leadership development, a community of scholars and the opportunity to make a large-scale positive change in the world.
Level of Study: Master’s and PhD levels of study
Host Institution: Stanford University
Study in: the USA
Opportunities Focus Areas: Scholarships can be applied for to graduate (PhD), programs in engineering, education, the humanities or social sciences, as well as professional degrees in law, medicine, business, and law.
Program Period: The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program will fund the first three years and an additional three years if you have a longer degree program, such as a MD or PhD. Your Stanford home department will finance the rest of your education in accordance with its standard funding commitment.
Deadline: The Scholarships Application deadlines varies per country, the Stanford University Scholarships used to closes October annually.
Stanford University Scholarship Benefits
The Stanford University Scholarships offer the following benefits to the recipient:
- A travel stipend that covers an economy-class ticket to Stanford for one year.
- A stipend to cover living and academic expenses, such as room and board, books and academic supplies, instructional material, local transportation, and other reasonable personal expenses.
- A fellowship is a grant that can be used to pay tuition and other fees.
- The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program does not typically cover the costs of your home Stanford department for its students, such as subscriptions and lab equipment.
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars may also apply for supplemental funding to support academic endeavours (e.g. Conference travel
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Stanford University Scholarships
Here are the eligibility requirements to be eligible for Stanford University Scholarships
- English is the required language
- Only applies to Eligible Countries
- For enrollment in 2022, you will need a first/bachelor’s degree in 2015 or later. If you apply within 4 years of receiving your first/bachelor’s degree and enroll within 5 years, you are eligible to apply.
- You need to be able to think first-step, find new knowledge, and make sense of ambiguous situations.
- Not only must you complete your Knight-Hennessy Scholars Application, but also the entire application process, including any standardized tests required by your graduate program (GMAT or GRE, LSAT/MCAT, etc.). If necessary, you will also need to take an English proficiency test.
- Ambition is a quality that you must possess. You should be driven to improve yourself and willing to take risks. You must be self-aware, persevere and bounce back from adversity. Personality humble and kind, including respecting differences, caring for others, and low ego.
- To study at Stanford, you must be fluent (listening, reading, speaking and writing) in English. For most Stanford graduate programs, the minimum TOEFL score is 100iBT/600PBT. The TOEFL is accepted by all Stanford graduate programs. The MBA Program accepts IELTS/PTE. Learn more about score here.
- You must first apply for Knight-Hennessy Scholars. Second, you must be accepted to and enroll in a full time Stanford graduate degree program. Every Knight-Hennessy Scholar who is accepted must be a new student in a Stanford graduate degree program, including but not limited to DMA, JD or MA, MBA, MD and MFA, MPPs, MS, and PhD programs. There are no quotas for any discipline or program. We will consider applicants who have spent at least two years at Stanford.
Scholarships Application Process
Visit the official website to learn more about Stanford University Scholarships.