AAUW International Fellowship Program in USA
The AAUW Fellowship Program provides a fully-funded scholarship. This scholarship is provided by the American Association of University Women (USA). All international students are eligible to apply. This scholarship is not available to students pursuing graduate or postgraduate studies in any university subject. The AAUW Fellowship Program provides $18,000 to $30,000 annually, subject to meeting academic standards for renewal.
AAUW (the American Association of University Women), awards International Fellowships to full-time study and research in the United States for women who aren’t citizens or permanent residents of the United States. All levels of graduate and postgraduate study at accredited institutions are eligible for support.
The International Fellowships program was originally created to offer Latin American women the opportunity to study in the U.S. postgraduate and graduate programs. Its first fellowship was awarded in 1917. International Fellowships are now open to women from all over the globe. They have awarded more than 3,600 International Fellowships to women from over 150 countries.
- Levels of Study: Master, Doctoral and Postdoctoral
- Institution(s), American Association of University Women
- Study in USA
- Deadline: November every year
- Program Period: Fellowship Year: July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023
- Business and Finance Studies
- Computer Science& IT
- Creative Arts and Design
- Social Studies and Media
- Environmental Sciences
- General Sciences
- Health Studies
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Pure and Applied Sciences
- Architecture& Construction
- Education and Training
- Mining and Oil & Gas Operations
- Travel and Hospitality
- Cultural and Critical Studies
- Regional Studies
- Film & Television
- Studies on gender and women
- Global studies
- Politics Scholarship Coverage
AAUW International Fellowship Program Benefit
- Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $18,000.
- Doctorate Fellowship: 20,000.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000.
- International Fellowship funds are available to:
- Education expenses
- Living expenses
- Care for dependent children.
- As long as the travel is not more than 10% of the fellowship, you can go to professional meetings, conferences or seminars.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for AAUW Fellowship
The following criteria are required to be eligible for AAUW Fellowship:
- English is the required language
- Eligible Countries: All countries in the world, except USA
- You must have citizenship in another country than the U.S., or possess a non-immigrant visa if you are residing in the U.S.
- Earn an academic degree in the U.S. (or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- During the fellowship year, she will be fully committed to the academic plan.
- To return to her country in pursuit of a career as a professional.
- Be proficient in English. The applicant must upload a recent TOEFL* (Test to English as a Foreign Language). The acceptance of TOEFL scores from institutions and scores on other English proficiency tests (such as the IELTS) is not possible. Minimum acceptable score: 550 for Paper Based Test (TOEFL PET), no earlier than October 2019, 79 for Internet Based Test (TOEFL IBT), no earlier than November 2019, and 60 for Revised TOEFL Paper Delivery Test (no later than November 2019).
- Doctoral and Master’s applicants must apply by November 15, 2021 to an accredited institution for the duration of the fellowship year. They must also indicate the name of the institution on the International Fellowship application.
- Master’s/first professional degrees fellowships are for master’s and professional degree-level programs like J.D. or M.F.A. or L.L.M. or medical degrees such M.D.S. or M.D.S.
- Doctoral fellowships can be used to obtain doctorate degrees such as Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral candidates must show proof of their doctorate; have a doctorate that is classified as a research degree (e.g. Ph.D. Ed.D. D.B.A. D.M.). or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2021 and indicate where they will do their research.
- Doctoral and Master’s applicants must be enrolled at a U.S.-accredited institution in the U.S. during their fellowship year.
- GWI members are eligible for a limited number of awards to support their study or research in countries other than their home country. Not all branches of U.S. institutions can be considered for study or research outside the U.S.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a full-year of research or study. International Fellowships don’t provide funding for partial years of study or research. Program that end before April of the fellowship year will not be eligible.
- Doctoral fellowships and master’s/first professional degrees support traditional classroom-based courses at universities or colleges. The fellowship program does NOT provide funding for distance learning or online programs, or for degrees that are heavily dependent upon distance-learning. AAUW will make the final decisions regarding what constitutes distance-learning under these fellowships.
AAUW International Fellowship Program Application Process
Visit the official website to learn more about AAUW Fellowship.
Official Website: https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/fellowships-grants/current-opportunities/international/